Always wondering what to do with all of the Thanksgiving leftovers, but not sure what to make other than the basic turkey soup? Here are my top 10 ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers. Some of these are just family traditions that we've been doing forever, and some of these are "outside of the box" ideas. Read on for some leftover inspiration (with links to recipes)!
1. Thanksgiving Egg Rolls. Fill egg roll wrappers with your Thanksgiving favorites: turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and stuffing.
2. Stuffed Peppers. Use leftover turkey and stuffing to stuff your bell peppers!
3. Turkey Noodle Casserole. This is definitely one of my favorites. Anything cheesy and I'm SOLD!
4. Stuffing and Mashed Potato Fritters. Lightly fry your your leftovers to make crispy patties.
5. Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas. Turkey, cranberries and cheese make a perfect quesadilla!
6. Turkey Pot Pie. This one is a no brainer. Not really "outside of the box", but always a family favorite.
7. Turkey and Cranberry Monte Christo Sandwiches. Paula Deen gives a new spin on the classic Monte Christo with your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers!
8. Cream of Potato Soup. How easy is this one? Use your leftover mashed potatoes to make cream of potato soup!!!
9. Turkey Salad Sandwiches. Ok, so this one has been a favorite in our family as long as I can remember. I couldn't find a recipe that was the same as ours, so it goes something like this: combine chopped turkey, chopped red onion, chopped celery, sliced olives, mayo, salt and pepper. Our family likes to eat our sandwiches with plain potato chips and dill pickles on the side!
10. Turkey Tamale Pie. I haven't tried this one, but it sounds sooooo good!
I'd love to hear if you try any of these or if you have any of your own family Thanksgiving leftover traditions.